The tea that plays by coffee’s rules!
Have you tried our Red Espresso? Rooibos Red Espresso is crammed with more health benefits than you can imagine, it is not only good for you, but tastes delicious too.
Our Red Espresso comes in three popular varieties, served as a “White Symphony” (with Ghirardelli’s white chocolate), a latte with honey and cinnamon, or a big favorite: “The Hippie” – with steamed hemp milk, honey, and cinnamon. It has a unique, naturally sweet and earthy taste. It is naturally caffeine-free and packed full of antioxidants.
So, you’re probably wondering, ‘what is Rooibos?’ Well, we have the answer to your queries right here:
What is Rooibos?
- South African herbal tea pronounced ‘roy-boss’ and meaning ‘red bush’ in Afrikaans
- A plant [Aspalathus linearis] that grows only in the Cederberg Mountains in South Africa’s Western Cape, and nowhere else in the world
- Healthy naturally caffeine-free and rich in antioxidants
- Delicious, it has a unique, naturally sweet and earthy taste
Red Espresso is:
- 100% rooibos tea
- Naturally caffeine-free
- Loaded with antioxidants
- 1 shot = 5 cups of green tea/10 cups of rooibos tea
- Versatile – makes a range of healthy drinks, including our Red Latte, White Symphony, & Hippie (with hemp milk!)
- A World First innovation
- A global award winner
Better off Red!
Rooibos is completely pure and natural as it contains no additives, preservatives or colorants. Rooibos contains antioxidants that fight free radicals (a by-product of normal cell function), which weaken the body’s natural defenses and lead to aging, the declining of the immune system and the onset of a wide variety of diseases.
The unique antioxidants in Rooibos are known to have the following beneficial effects:
- It helps soothe headaches.
- It has a relaxing effect of the central nervous system.
- It has antispasmodic properties and alleviates insomnia and irritability.
- It helps to boost the immune system.
- It acts as a digestive aid.
- It helps with the relief of stomach cramps, ulcers, nausea, heartburn and constipation.
- It has anti-allergenic and anti-asthmatic properties. It is believed to be helpful in the management of hay fever and eczema.
- It contains no oxalic acid (a toxic acid found in certain plants) and is therefore a good choice for those prone to kidney stones.
- It has low tannin content, so is not bitter-tasting like other teas. It also means that absorption of iron and proteins into the body is less affected, making it particularly good for pregnant women and people who are anemic.
- It is inherently sweet, low in calories, and can be enjoyed without sugar – making it an ideal choice for diabetics or people on calorie-restricted diets.
- It is non-diuretic, i.e. a fluid replacement, so there is no limit on how much you can have in a day.
The only thing left for you to do, is stop by The Goodness, and try it for yourselves!